One of the great features in Dynamics CRM is being able to display data or websites from other software packages via an iframe. While working with the Office 365 products, I wanted to display a Sharepoint iframe in CRM 2011. As I accessed the iframe in CRM, I received the message “This content cannot be displayed in a frame”.
With a few changes to the Internet Explorer settings we can make this page display correctly.
- Open the internet explorer tools and open the Security tab.
- Now select your trusted sites and select sites.
- Make sure you have your CRM site as well as your SharePoint site add to the trusted zone.
- Once you have your trusted sites setup, then select custom level from the Security tab
- Browse about half way down the list till you see the setting for Displaying Mixed Mode. Set this option to “enable”.
- Select ok and restart your Internet Explorer. Now when you log in the iframe displays correctly.
Hope this CRM tip save you some time!