Are you missing service entities in your site map? If you recently upgraded to Dynamics 365 version 8.2 and now are missing service entities in the site map, you are not alone. Breathe easy, there is a fix; just follow the steps below!
Issue: Site Map issues (missing entities) with Service after 365 upgrade to version 8.2.
Fix: Export the Site Map, edit and reimport.
1. First, create a new solution and add the Site Map to the solution
2. Select “No, do not include required components.”
3. Select Export Solution
4. Select “Next” on all the screens, then select “Export”
5. Save the Export file then click on the file and extract contents
6. Once extracted, right click on the customization.xml file and open it with your favorite text editor
7. Search for “Area_Service”
8. Insert ShowGroups=”true” to the end of the line above as shown below. *Please note: this text is case sensitive.
9. Copy the file you just edited and add it back to the zip file.
10. Import the updated solution zip file back into CRM, Save and Refresh.
Abracadabra! You should now see all of your previous Service Entities and your Site Map corrected. To receive more helpful tips for Dynamics 365, make sure you subscribe to our blog!
Happy Dynamics 365’ing!