In today’s topic, we will be discussing page options and attachments in the navigation of the Finance and Operations modules.
Let’s start by logging in to Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. The Page options are available on almost every page. We’ll demonstrate navigating to the Page Option. For this example, we’ll open all vendors.
Path: Modules > Accounts Payable > Vendors > All Vendors
- Select all Vendors
- Then on the action pane> select Options tab.
- In the screenshot below, you will see that under Page Options you will have different actions that you can select. Actions will be different on all pages throughout. In this example, there are four. Please note the asterisk indicates that we will address this in more detail in a future post.
- Security Diagnostics: administrators can assign roles and security access to users.
- Advanced Filter/Sort: this functionality is available in all forms; this allows more advanced filtering and sorting functionality. *
- Record Info: this is a function that will show details of your selection. There are several different options you can select from in the form. *
- Change View: This is to select a different view of the page you have selected. There are two different views to choose from. *
- Details View
- Grid View
To attach documents to any record in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, select the paper clip on the form – this will open the attachment form. This functionality assists users in keeping information with the correct records.
When you attach documents to the records, there are several options:
- Name the attachment – select what type of attachment
- Detailed notes
- Created by and Date fields
- Restrictions for Internal or External
Stay tuned for Part 3 in this navigation series where we’ll be exploring the features of Help. In the meantime, keeping checking our blog for more helpful tips and tricks!
Happy Dynamics 365’ing!