CRM 2011 and Sharepoint 2010 Overview
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM List component provides a way to obtain the document management capabilities of SharePoint in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with the appearance and behavior of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. This component also enables CRM to automatically create document libraries and folders on SharePoint in the context of entities and fields. These folders are used to store documents for CRM records on SharePoint.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 or Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- CRM 2011 out-of-the-box integration with SharePoint requires no coding.
- Configuration is straightforward using the CRM Administration interface.
- The automatic folder creation only works with the default library of the selected SharePoint site
- Existing SharePoint folder structure will require manually location editing or a migration strategy
- CRM users must be SharePoint users with access to the Document Library
If this is the first time accessing the user will be notified:
The destination folder will display the designated folder for this record
Note: If manually edited the folder must exist in SharePoint.
Once again a new folder will be created:
It may be beneficial to create additional views without the folder structure: