Workflows are a great feature in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. They are highly customizable to fit your business needs. Workflows are also easy to copy, should you run into an instance where you wish to replicate the workflow functionality to another separate instance. In today’s blog, we will show you in a few quick steps how you can easily copy a workflow. The process is short and sweet, so let’s get started!
1. First, deactivate the process that you want to copy and then open it.
2. In the Hide Process Properties section, change the Activate As field selection to Process template.
Note: You can change the field back to the original setting after you’ve made the copy.
3. Save and Close the Process.
4. Activate the Process you just modified to a Process template.
5. Click New to add the new process.
6. Next, name your process, select Workflow as the Category, and select the Entity that the Process you are copying from is in.
Note: One restriction for this is that you must copy within the same Entity. When you select the correct entity, you will see the process grayed out as shown in the menu below. Select that process and click OK.
7. This will bring up the copied process. In order for the copied process to save, you need to make at least one change to it. Otherwise, your copied process will not appear in the process list.
Make the necessary change to the process and Click Save and Close. Your copied process will now appear in the Processes list in your solution.
Just as a reminder, make sure you go back to the original process that you copied from and change the Activate As field back to Process and click Save and Close. That’s all it takes! Now you can master workflows like a pro!