- Here is the version to run if your organization is on CRM 2011.
- Here is the version to run if your organization is on CRM 2013.
If you are visiting us in the future, try searching for “Custom Code Validation <future CRM version>” to find the most current version of the tool.
To run the tool:
- Double click the downloaded file to extract the contents. (There is a handy ReadMe file that describes what the tool is looking for).
- Go to the Solutions area of your CRM organization and choose Import.
- Import the .zip file that was extracted in the first step.
- When the import is complete, click Publish and then close the import window when it’s finished.
- In the Solutions list you will now see Custom Code Validation Tool. Double click it, and then click the button to launch the tool.
The tool will return a list of all of your Web Resources in the top left corner, the script in the middle pane and the test results in the bottom pane. A key in the top right corner will tell you how to read the results.
6. Go through each web resource in the list. The items in red have to be resolved. The items in blue impact cross browser support, but should work in Internet Explorer.