We have already seen how useful Action in Dynamics CRM can be. In this blog we will discuss what to do when you receive a message, “The Import of Solution Actions Failed,” when a plugin is registered for Action.
Before getting to the solution, let’s discuss the scenario where you might encounter this Solution Actions error. The Issue occurs when you have a Plugin registered on Action (custom message) and try to move your customizations to other Organization. Below are the detailed steps to explain the scenario:
- Create an Action (See a sample screenshot below)
- Save and Activate it.
Note: You can register the Action in any Entity or Global. I am using a Global Action in my example.
- Create a Plugin and register it on Action (see below for sample steps)
- Add the Plugin, its step and Action to a custom Solution (Managed or UnManaged)
- Export Customizations and Try to Import the customizations to a different Organization.
- You will see the below Error.
As this issue will not allow you to Import an Action, here is an alternate approach with minor limitations.
- Create an Action same as above.
- Now create a custom workflow and register it using Plugin tool
- Now add this workflow as one of the step for Action.
- Publish this Action, add the Action & Workflow steps to a solution.
- Export the Solution and try importing it to new Organization.
This process will have the same limitations when compared to a Plugin and custom Workflow. Otherwise, all should work as usual. For more helpful guides, see these Four Important Concepts Helpful in Understanding Actions in Dynamics CRM.