With the arrival of the new CRM SP1 in Microsoft Dynamics, there came an additional surprise with the plugin registration tool. While there have been a few changes for functionality, the Plugin Registration Tool has looked pretty much the same for several years. However, with the latest SDK for SP1 a face-lift was in order. We have provided for you an overview of what the new look has to offer!
Note: The Plugin Registration Tool still needs the Windows Identity Foundation framework installed to use it.
When creating a new connection, the login dialog has been updated with a standard login control:
- Click Create New Connection
2. Select the deployment type that matches the CRM to connect to.
3. Put in the server address without the http/https, that will be added.
4. Select which type of authentication, AD or IFD.
5. Provide login credentials.
Note: Unlike previous versions of the tool, this one will remember your credentials including the password.
6. Once logged in, if you checked the Display a list of available organizations, a list of orgs is shown:
7. While you can only pick one org at a time, going back to create a new connection or a new org can be selected to give you another tab:
8. The functions still work like they did before and registering a new plugin can be done through the menu:
9. Or right clicking an assembly:
The registration page has the new look, but still works the same as you can see here:
When registering a new step the Message box has the familiar type and match functionality as before:
And specifying when the plugin should run is pretty much the same.
While the Plugin Registration Tool has a new look, it still works fairly close to the same way as it did before with a nice clean fresh look. Keep looking to us for continuing education regarding SP1 or any other Dynamics CRM updates via our webinars, blogs or events. And as always… Happy CRM’ing!