While implementing a CRM solution, you might run into a situation where you need to run a complex on-demand workflow in Dynamics CRM on lot of records—say, more than 1000. This task may take some time, given the fact that you can select only 250 records at a time to run an on-demand workflow in CRM.
To overcome this, you can run the on-demand workflow in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Outlook client. To be warned, this solution only works for CRM 2011 and with outlook 2010.The Outlook client does not have any limit of records per page. You can select any number of records at once and execute any operation from the CRM Ribbon. The best thing is that this is not only limited to workflows!
To run your on-demand workflow for more than 250 records in the Outlook client, follow these steps:
- Use an existing view or create a new view with the required filter conditions.
- Pin the created view in the CRM for Outlook client.
- Right click on the view and select Pin this tab.
- Select all records on the pinned view using Ctrl+A.
- On the ribbon, click the Run Workflow button.
- Select the appropriate on-demand workflow.
Voila! You’ll observe that the workflow is running for the number of records you selected.
Remember, you can perform any operation from CRM ribbon in Outlook on more than 250 records at once. To do this, you’ll first need to pin the view in the Outlook client.
We hope this helped you out! If you have any questions, you can always reach out to the experts at PowerObjects for help.