After applying Update Rollup 12 (UR 12), you may notice an issue with a few sections that will no longer load via IFD, however; all sections load internally. The error you’ll see in the user interface is the always helpful “An error has occurred” message.
Finding the Issue
First, we ran a platform trace and found the following error.
>MSCRM Error Report:
Error: Field not found: ‘Microsoft.Crm.Controls.UIPage.crmHeader’.
Error Message: Field not found: ‘Microsoft.Crm.Controls.UIPage.crmHeader’.
Stack Trace Info: [MissingFieldException: Field not found: ‘Microsoft.Crm.Controls.UIPage.crmHeader’.]
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
This was confusing because the dll for ‘Microsoft.Crm.Controls.UIPage.crmHeader’ was the latest version, and we would have expected to see a mismatch in version after the install if this was the issue.
Since the issue was only occurring when accessing Dynamics CRM via IFD, we determined that the previous version of the dll was being cached and was looking for a reference that had been removed.
To resolve the issue we deleted the cache on the server from the following:
C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319Temporary ASP.NET Files
Dynamics CRM has two folders that need to be deleted – Help and Root.
To be safe, create a backup of these folders and delete them.
When these files are deleted, they will be recompiled and the issue where we were unable to load some sections was resolved.
For more troubleshooting issues after applying UR 12, check out these blogs: