As CRM Superheroes, we are often asked to conquer the impossible. Some tasks are difficult and some are easy as rescuing a dog from a burning building with your hands tied behind your back. Here we have a Microsoft Dynamics CRM “how-to” to make you look like a superhero in your organization: How to Hide a Ribbon Button in CRM 2011.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 SDK
In this example we will hide the Assign Button in the lead entity form.
- Identifying the ID value of the button that you want to hide.
- Open the folder SDKResourcesExportedRibbonXml from the SDK folder that you installed. And choose the xml file that is associated with lead entity (leadRibbon.xml in this example).
- Locate the button ID that points to assign button in the lead entity.
- Create a solution with the lead entity , add to the soultion Application Ribbons from the Client Extensions tab.
- Export the solution.
- Open the customizations.xml file from the solution folder.
- Modify the following code:
- Copy the file back to the solution folder and import the soltion.
- Publish the solution.
This should be the new result when you create a new lead entity:
So, there you have it–how to hide a ribbon button in CRM 2011. Hope this helps you and your organization work more efficiently. Are there other “how-to’s” you would like answer? User the comments to let us know.