The Solution Director’s primary responsibility is to work in partnership with Business Development Directors, and other sales resources as assigned/needed, to participate in the execution of the PowerObjects’ Evaluation Process. This will be done by doing discovery with potential customers, understanding requirements, conducting functional analyses, gap/fit processes and documentation findings, and using those findings to build a configured solution demonstration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations (AX) and presenting the solution demonstration to the prospective customer. In addition, the Solution Director will be responsible for developing project estimates and scope statements for proposals. The Solution Director role will also participate as assigned in various sales and marketing related activities such as webinars, internal training, template building, and standard demos, etc. Solution Director will also be asked to develop/co-develop and maintain the various tools and assets that are needed to estimate and propose projects, etc. In addition, SD will build and maintain relationships with Microsoft technical selling peers.
- Exhibit the Guiding Principles of PowerObjects
- Work as technical sales specialist on multiple opportunities at any given time
- Ability to understand, communicate, interpret business processes and requirements
- Prepare business process discovery documents
- Prepare solution demonstration plans
- Configure and present solution demonstrations showing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations (AX) fit to the customer’s organisation
- Assist organisations in developing a phased approach to their implementation
- Develop project estimates and proposals and responses to RFP’s
- Participate in the transition to the delivery team
- Assist in developing sales team tools and training
- Actively participate in any sales/skills development or training opportunities or programs offered
- Read, understand and follow any policies and procedures specific to the sales team as well as the general policies and procedures of PowerObjects
- Other duties and requirements as needed or assigned
- Successfully partner and work with Business Development Directors on assigned opportunities.
- Meet or exceed goals as established in the annual sales plan.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the appropriate Microsoft team members.
- Master the PowerObjects Proven Process methodology.
- Conduct all business activities in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Update and/or submit all required reports and information within the designated timeframe(s).
Required Skills and Experience
- 5-8 years’ or more experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations/Dynamics AX or equivalent line of business application
- Functional understanding of one of the core modules of Dynamics 365 F&O e.g. Finance, SCM, Procurement, Talent etc.
- Excellent communication skills and presence in front of C-Level Executives
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage competing priorities
- Prior experience with software demonstration is a must have
- Ability to work as a key member of a large bid response team
- Thought leadership and expertise in one or more industry vertical e.g. Manufacturing, Retail, Public Sector, Social Housing