PowerObjects is seeking a Project Director (PD) to join their award winning and growing team. This individual will act as a managing subject matter expert regarding Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Finance and Operations projects (implementations, customizations, upgrades, integrations, and more). The PD will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance for a team of Dynamics 365 – Finance and Operations Consultants, ensuring project success, offshore team management, best practices, training, and mentorship. The candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, have an excellent ability to multitask, be meticulously organized, and be able to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment. The PD carries the ultimate responsibility of ensuring the overall success of customer projects.
- Delivery Success: Be able to provide proactive and reactive support in managing the success of team’s delivered projects. Be able to be involved in different levels of project processes and provide input wherever needed to enable projects to be successful. Ability to manage customer and internal escalations.
- Dynamics 365 – Finance and Operations Subject Matter Expertise: Have extensive project delivery experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations; this includes ERP system design, customization, installation, deployment, architecture, and more.
- Process/Project Review: Bottom line, quality control, and improvement of project across integrations, migrations, reports, portals, custom development, customizations, etc.
- Offshore Collaboration: Collaborate with PowerObjects’ offshore team, including team optimization, review and quality improvement of work product, and product/technical knowledge sharing.
- Best Practices: Deliver and instill best practices on all project deliverables and Proven Process, including customer/internal communication, documentation, change management, and more, ensuring all resources are reusable.
- Mentorship: Be able to mentor consultant teams and provide appropriate learning suggestions. Provide 1:1 guidance and support for all team members (scheduled and ad hoc). Monitor progress on team quarterly goals. Provide insight and recommendations on Delivery operations and process.
- Weekly Team Updates: Attend Delivery Lead status meetings (called Level 10s, or L10s) and rotate various Project Director L10s to stay in touch with the team, ensure best practices, and discuss any project issues.
- In addition, the PD will be responsible for the following as needed:
- Mentor other consultants in terms of PM, BA, and/or Technical skills
- Be a PowerObjects University (PowerU) Instructor
- Be an advisor to customers and other consultants
- Help customers define processes when there are no processes in place
- Advise customers on best practices for processes, user interface, and architecture
- Assist technical consultants with architecting ERP, related customizations, and reports to model the client’s organizational processes
- Facilitate team resources in the implementation of data migration and translation, data integration, training and custom development, and reports
- Schedule work to be done and follow up to ensure completion within the project schedule
- Manage project risks and issues
Required Skills and Experience
- Exhibit PowerObjects’ Guiding Principles
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or more than 5 years of experience
- Minimum 5 years of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations / Dynamics AX Project Management, Business Analysis, and/or Technical Lead experience
- Sound knowledge and/or certification on Project Management and different Project Management styles like Waterfall, Agile, Scrum etc.
- Ability to manage or lead multiple large projects (6-18 months) with advanced organizational skills
- Up-to-date understanding of business processes, issues, and technology especially related to the operation of a sales, marketing, and customer service departments within an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to speak with team members and clients at all levels within an organization
- Ability to balance short-term demands while maintaining the long-term vision needed to guide a customer through the implementation process