The primary function of the PowerObjects Business Development Director is to meet or exceed the sales goals as put forth in the annual sales plan. To accomplish this, the Business Development Director will actively develop sales opportunities with both prospective and existing customers. The Business Development Director will effectively manage all facets of sales opportunities in a professional and ethical manner focused on delivering value and solutions that meet or exceed the customers’ expectations. This Business Development Director will be responsible for our Northwestern - US Sales initiatives.
- Exhibit the Core Values of PowerObjects.
- Attain/Maintain Microsoft Dynamics 365 certification(s) as required.
- Build and maintain a sufficient and accurate pipeline of sales opportunities to ensure that sales goals are consistently met or exceeded.
- Successfully lead and execute the sales process in partnership with various contacts and roles with our Microsoft, our strategic business partner. This is of critical importance for this position.
- Prospect and penetrate a list of named accounts as assigned via professional prospecting and networking direct with target accounts and also via the Microsoft account teams assigned to those accounts. This is also of critical importance for this position.
- Manage all opportunities using the PowerObjects Proven Process methodology.
- Utilize the CRM system following established processes to manage and track all leads, activities, prospects, opportunities, etc.
- Act as the primary liaison and contact accountable to customers to ensure that expectations are properly set, met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain on-going relationship with existing customers to ensure that we retain them and continue to be the partner of choice.
- Actively participate in any sales/skills development or training opportunities or programs offered.
- Read, understand and follow any policies and procedures specific to the sales team as well as the general policies and procedures of PowerObjects.
- Other duties and requirements as needed or assigned.
Key Measurements of Performance
Meet or exceed sales goals as established in the annual sales plan.
Maintain a sufficient and accurate pipeline as established in annual sales plan.
Build and maintain strong working relationships with the appropriate Microsoft team members.
Master the PowerObjects Proven Process methodology.
Conduct all business activities in an ethical and prudent manner.
Update and/or submit all required reports and information within the designated timeframe(s).
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate, in writing and verbally, in a professional and polished manner.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of sales, marketing, and customer service related business issues and processes across a wide variety of industry segments.
- An above average ability to comprehend and communicate technical information as appropriate in the sales and evaluation process.
- Must have specific experience selling AX or CRM solutions to Mid-market and Enterprise customers.