As an Administrator, Developer, or QA Tester for a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement instance, you may frequently need to switch between multiple accounts that you support. Similarly, when you perform unit testing or QA tasks, you likely must switch between multiple testing user accounts to validate functionality for different security roles. If you have been doing these tasks for some time, you know that by using a browser in private or incognito mode, you can open multiple sessions – but you still need to manually enter URLs, users name, and passwords.
There is a better approach to this, one that will save you valuable time, freeing you up for tasks that you enjoy more – like solution design, coding, or testing. Google Chrome gives you the capability to manage multiple people accounts / personas, and each account behaves like a separate browser with its own cache, giving you the chance to store different Favorites sets, Users, and passwords on each page. See below screenshots of two personas with different Favorites menu bar
To set up different Google Chrome accounts, follow the simple step-by-step instructions below:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the People icon (if you are logged in to Chrome, the icon will display your user name or initial).
3. Click Manage people.
4. Click Add Person.
5. Enter a Username, select an avatar (optional), and create a desktop shortcut (optional).
6. Your Account / Persona will open in a new browser window.
7. You can now start browsing and create a new separate Favorites list for this Account / Persona. A new browser cache will be initiated, and browsing history, username, and password will be stored separately in this account.
8. You can even synchronize the cache of this Account / Persona to multiple devices.
Hopefully this little trick will save you lots of time going forward.
Happy Dynamics 365’ing!