Today’s post is part of an ongoing series devoted to Business Central. In our last installment, we walked through the process of integrating Microsoft Outlook with Dynamics 365 Business Central. Today, we’ll describe what to do when you’re using the Business Central Outlook add-in and you get stuck.
You may run into a scenario in which it keeps on asking for your credentials… again and again and again. So maybe you try the web version and discover that the same thing happens there. Next, you get creative and try various browsers – still nothing! You play with the settings but again, nothing. Finally, you check to make sure the mailbox is active. It is. So, what now?
Issue: Unable to sign into the Outlook add-in
Below are the errors we have seen:
- Page couldn’t be found.
- The security settings in your browser prevent us from creating a dialog box. Try a different browser or configure your browser so that ‘https://businesscentral.dynamics.com:443’ and the domain shown in your address bar are in the same security zone.
Fortunately, the solution is pretty simple:
1. Identify the users who wish to use the Outlook add-in.
2. Temporarily give them the Super permission set with a blank company field.
3. Verify the users can sign into the Outlook add-in.
4. Once the user(s) have successfully signed into the Outlook add-in, remove the Super permission set from the user.
That’s it! Note that this happens as the result of a bug that has already been identified and fixed. However, the fix is not scheduled to be released until Update 26. We are currently on Update 24.
Hopefully this helps. Stay tuned for more Microsoft Business Central blogs in the future as we continue our series on the topic. In the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our blog!
As always, happy Dynamics 365’ing!