In this blog you will learn how PowerObjects’ CSP Program can help you get more out of Dynamics 365 and your Microsoft Cloud licenses! We interviewed Cecilie Norgaard, Microsoft Cloud by PowerObjects Program Director, to get the high level details on everything you need to know.
What is the CSP Program? Why do we have it?
CSP stands for Cloud Solution Provider, and it’s a Microsoft licensing program, that allows partners, like PowerObjects, to resell Microsoft Online licenses (Dynamics 365, Office 365, Azure, etc.). PowerObjects decided to become a CSP so that customers would have one place to go for all of their Dynamics 365 needs, from licensing, to implementation, education, add-ons, support, etc. We also support Office 365 and Azure.
What types of companies are a good fit for this program?
Any company whose Office 365 is located in the US, UK, or Canada and is either currently purchasing licenses directly from Microsoft, or any new customer to Office 365 or Dynamics 365. We also have a special license, only available through CSP, for customers who need under 25 Dynamics 365 for Sales licenses, or 50 Dynamics 365 for sales or customer service licenses. Customers that are purchasing through an EA (Enterprise Agreement) would not be a good fit
Does the CSP Program have any relationship to our four pillars? If so, explain which ones.
Well, licensing is the base of the software. In order to get the software, you need a license. So in that way, it relates to all of them!
What are the benefits of being in the CSP Program?
1. Ability to bundle all your Dynamics 365 licenses and Cloud subscriptions
2. Keep it simple by centralizing all of your billing through PowerObjects
3. Break and fix support provided by the largest Dynamics 365 support desk outside of Microsoft
4. Full access to PowerObjects’ PowerPack add-ons
5. Discounts on PowerObjects’ world-class public educational offerings
Why are we the best seller/supplier/partner for CSP in the world?
We provide that extra customer service and benefits! Customers particularly enjoy the free PowerPack add-ons and the discounts we provide on our education offerings. They also like that they can reach out to the PowerObjects billing team with any questions or issues and get a quick response.
Can you describe the process in detail? If I were to order today what would the steps look like.
1. Send you (customer) a quote, to ensure the licenses are agreed upon before proceeding
2. Sign CSP agreement, stating that we can bill you for licenses
3. Accept the reseller invitation, in your Office 365 environment (if you have one, or we can set one up for you, if you’d like)
4. Ask you to log into our PowerCare portal to add your credit card (if paying by credit card)
5. Add licenses to your account
6. Cancel existing Microsoft licenses (if applicable)
7. Show you how to log into our PowerCare portal, to add/remove licenses from your subscription going forward
There you have it, everything you need to know about the CSP Program! For more information on how you can get more out of your Dynamics 365 and your Microsoft Cloud licenses click here. Remember that no matter where you are in your Dynamics 365 journey we are here to help you get more out of your investment.
Happy Dynamics 365’ing!