In today’s blog, we are going to show you how to use the scoring functionality within the Voice of the Customer module. As part of this blog we will create a simple Customer Satisfaction Survey and assign different score values per answer. In order to perform the below steps, make sure you have VOC installed as a solution on your instance.
Step 1 – Create a Survey
1. Navigate to the Voice of the Customer Module and click on Survey
2. Create a NEW survey and fill the necessary fields
Note: At this point scroll down to the Invitations and Actions tab and make sure the Calculate Score field is set to YES
Step 2 – Add Questions
1. Change Forms and navigate to the Survey Designer form
Let’s presume that we want to have two questions in our survey; one Single Response and another Single Response Option set type. After inserting your question in the form and providing values for responses as shown in the example below hover over the question and click on the pencil button.
Step 3 – Score Single Response Questions
1. Now that we are within the question record the first thing we must do is to scroll down to the Scoring Section and set up the Score Definition as well as the Max and the Min Values. For this scenario, we will be using User Specified Range.
2. Following the above step, click on the associated view and click on Answers. There you will be able to see all the possible answers for the specific question listed in a view.
3. Click on the answer for which you want to set the score and provide a number value in the Weighted Value field as shown in the example below. Then simply save the record and move to the next answer.
Step 4 – Score Single Response Option Set
The same logic as demonstrated above applies on the Single Response Option Set questions. The only difference is that we need address each line of the option set as a separate question and set answer values for each one of the questions.
1. This time instead of navigating to the associated view as before, you will scroll down to the Advanced Tab and navigate to the Question sub-grid as show below. Perform Step 3 for each one of the questions listed in the Sub-grid and publish your survey.
Step 5 – Survey Responses
Navigate back to the Survey form and use the Anonymous Link located in the Invitation and Actions section to test your survey. Then navigate to Survey Responses and check the score results of your surveys.
Discover other PowerPack wonders by checking out our blog!
Happy Dynamics 365’ing!