After installing UR 12 (also known as Polaris), you may be experiencing views/queries that are corrupted. For example, when creating a dynamic marketing list, you could set up and use the query, but if you click Find instead, you will get an error message.
The issue is that the advanced find view for the entity in question (such as leads) contains a reference to another entity. What happens is that it adds an alias to the XML definition of the view, which creates a problem when clicking that Find button in the marketing member list, as it duplicates that alias.
Fortunately, there is a relatively easy fix for this.
- Edit the Lead’s/Contact’s/Account’s advanced find view. Click on the Advanced Find in the upper ribbon of CRM. In Look For choose Lead/Contact/Account, edit the column width of one of the default columns in the view and Save. This will add a piece to the XML of the CRM that we will need to edit to create the fix.
- Create a Solution containing the entity that’s giving you issues, and Export the solution. In our example, we’re exporting the leads entity.
- Open the solution you’ve exported, and Extract the customization.xml from the solution and open it in Notepad.
- Open the customization.xml with Notepad, and search for Advanced Find and you will see a section that looks like this:
<LocalizedName description=”Lead Advanced Find View” languagecode=”1033″ />
Now scroll up a little bit, and within this same section, you may see a reference to an alias, followed by a long string of characters. This means we have a reference to another entity in the default advanced find view, which is the cause of the problem. So within the same part of the XML for the Lead Advanced Find View, Delete the part in Red:
<cell name=”address1_stateorprovince” width=”75″ />
<cell name=”address1_postalcode” width=”75″ />
<cell name=”ownerid” width=”125″ />
<cell name=”a_049f6f8ba24b49fc99d35877000b4f23.internalemailaddress” width=”10″ disableSorting=”1″ />
<cell name=”ergo_department” width=”100″ />
<fetch version=”1.0″ output-format=”xml-platform” mapping=”logical”>
<attribute name=”fullname” />
<attribute name=”companyname” />
<order attribute=”createdon” descending=”true” />
<link-entity alias=”a_049f6f8ba24b49fc99d35877000b4f23″ name=”systemuser” from=”systemuserid” to=”owninguser” link-type=”outer” visible=”false”>
<attribute name=”internalemailaddress” />
<attribute name=”ergo_department” />
<attribute name=”createdon” />
<attribute name=”subject” />
<attribute name=”statuscode” />
- Save the file you’ve edited. Then Copy it back into the .zip file.
- Re-import the solution into CRM.
If you are still having issues with the marketing list, you will need to recreate it.
Now you know how to fix corrupted marketing list views after installing UR 12 in CRM. For more CRM tips and tricks, check out our blog!