The Dynamics CRM Customer Portal can help organizations maximize their businesses ability while managing interactions within Dynamics CRM. This blog will walk you through the website installation of the Customer Portal for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
Below are the steps and screenshots for the website installation. (We’ll cover how to update and how to use the Customer Portal in future blogs.)
1. First, download the Customer Portal for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
2. Use the WebSiteCopy.exe utility included in the package to copy portal web site into CRM.
3. Follow the steps in the wizard. Below are screenshots of the prompts you’ll receive in the wizard and how to proceed. Click Next in the screenshot below.
4. Choose “XML file.”
5. Browse for your XML file.
6. Choose “Customer Portal” and click Next.
7. Select “Microsoft Dynamics CRM server” for the destination of the website.
8. Specify authentication, URL, username and password.
9. Select the name of your organization and click Connect.
10. Now click Copy to copy your connection.
11. Label the website name “Customer Portal Test.”
12. Verify your website copy information is correct, then click Create Website.
At this point, the website named “Customer Portal Test” should be successfully installed and integrated with Dynamics CRM.
If you deployed your portal, you will see a home page like the one below.
Stay tuned for an upcoming blog where we’ll show you a some examples of how to update the portal, such as how to replace the Contoso logo to your own site logo.
For further reading on portals, check out our blog on Dynamics CRM portal authentication methods.