If you have employee or business changes, you may need to reassign Account records in CRM 2011 to another Owner. When you reassign an Account, all activities are also re-assigned.
In order to re-assign Account records, perform the following actions:
- Use the ‘Advanced Find’ option within the ribbon.
- Create a new query based upon your criteria. In this case, let’s say I need to create a list of Accounts that are ‘Active’ and are located in three states: Texas, Colorado and New Mexico. My sales person for that region has left and I need to reassign the Accounts in those states to my new sales representative.
- From the Query, select ‘Results’.
- The result set is displayed. Confirm that the list of Accounts is indeed in each state that was defined in the query.
- Select all Accounts records then; select ‘Assign Accounts’ from the ribbon.
- A dialog box is provided where you can assign the Account records to another User or Team.
- This will update all of the selected Account records with a new Owner. The list view will show the updated Owner on the records.
This is how to reassign Account records to a new Owner using Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Bam!
If you create many queries on a continual basis, see the blog performance optimization for quick find queries.