When encountering any CRM 2011 Outlook Client error, you can begin your troubleshooting using the CRM 2011 Outlook Client Troubleshooting Wizard, but in this blog post we’ll cover a specific issue. After installing Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2699988), CRM 2011 reports will no longer export from CRM Outlook Client. There is no error message, and when you click export to any type nothing happens.
The issue with CRM Outlook Client exporting reports after installing the security update is a known issue and the fix may be included in Update Rollup 12.
Until the permanent fix is released you can use one the available workarounds:
- Have the client use the Web Version to export reports.
- Remove the Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2699988)–NOT recommended!
- The recommended change would be to make the registry change below. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Open the registry (regedit)
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMAINFeatureControlFEATURE_MIME_HANDLING
3. Change the DWORD entry for OUTLOOK.EXE from 1 to 0
4. Restart Outlook
As always, make sure to back up your registry prior to making this change. Refer to this Microsoft article titled Back up the registry.
If you’re looking for some additional information regarding CRM end-user configuration, check out CRM 2011 Tools and Settings for End Users That Increase Efficiency.