If you’re using Dynamics 365 for Sales, you may be familiar with the Predictive Lead Scoring (PLS) feature. It scores all open Leads based on an administrator-configurable model that helps salespersons prioritize and qualify potential Leads, thus hopefully increasing conversion rates. If you’re not yet familiar with this feature, today’s blog is for you! We’re going to describe this feature and show you how to configure it and interpret the results. Enjoy!
PLS comes as a part of the Sales AI offering that is fed from a cloud-based predictive machine learning model from Dynamics Customers Insights. A business administrator can define scoring ranges in the model and apply the model to the get scores for all open Leads in the system. And just in case the business administrator prefers to re-score the Leads with current data, the Retrain Model option will help obtain updated scores. Yep, they thought of everything.
- Dynamics 365 V9 or above.
- The model requires no fewer than 100 Qualified and 100 Disqualified Leads.
- Go to: Settings > Sales AI > Get it now.
- Click Continue to install the feature.
- After the installation, go to the Predictive lead scoring tab to define grading your Lead score grading. When finished, click Apply Model.
Lead scoring – output
- Once the lead scoring is enabled in the organization, go to the My Open Leads Scored view to see the Lead Score, Lead Score Trend, and Lead Grade columns:
- A description of each column follows:
|Lead Score||Represented value of the Lead where highest value symbolizes the highest likelihood of successful conversion.|
|Lead Score Trend||Specifies the Lead trending direction, such as Improving (up arrow), Declining (down arrow), Steady (right arrow), or Not enough info. These trends are displayed by comparing the present lead score with the previous score.|
|Lead Grade||Represented grade of the Lead (Grade A, B, C, and D) where Grade A symbolizes the highest likelihood of successful conversion.|
- Lead score insights – The Lead Form is customized with the Lead Scoring widget that contains scoring insights:
- Lead score insights explained
|Basic Info||Basic details: Lead Score, Lead Trend, and Lead Grade|
|Top Reasons||Top 10 reasons for the Lead being scored as it was scored, which allows for further analysis to improvise the scoring.|
|Give Feedback||Provides the ability for a User to provide feedback on the current score by indicating Expected score and associated comments.|
Points to note
- Configuration experience will be in Web client and end-user experience will be in UCI.
- There will be only one score per Lead in the current version.
- All integer, date, decimal, and dropdown (non-string) attributes of Lead, Contact, and Account entities (with their correlation) will be the primary factors contributing to the score generation.
Hopefully, you can see how this will benefit your organization. After all, pretty much every organization in every line of business has Leads – the trick is getting valuable insight into the quality of those Leads. And the Predictive Lead Scoring within Dynamics 365 gives you just that.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our blog for more Dynamics 365 tips and tricks.
Happy Lead Scoring and Dynamics 365’ing!