Many companies offer credit to customers as an incentive to purchase their products or services. This is an old business practice but it is still effective at boosting sales.
While large sales revenue looks good on the income statement, large receivable balances on the balance sheet is not good as it may indicate a cash flow problem. Companies with an efficient receivables collection and management system in place often turn to the banks for short-term loans or sell off receivables at deep discounts to raise the cash needed to fund current operations.
The importance of receivable’s collections and management cannot be emphasized enough. Unfortunately, Accounts Receivable collections is still a challenge for many companies. Most of the problems stem from reliance on poorly organized system, bad or unreliable data, or poor reporting.
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations presents a very streamlined, organized, and user-friendly solution to Accounts Receivable Collections and Management that can be configured and customized to meet the needs of a vast variety of business entities – ranging from mid-sized to large companies with multiple credit and payment arrangements. This solution improves organization, data updates and relevance, and reporting and decision-making supported by user-friendly interfaces.
Here are some of the great features of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations:
- All information related to Collections are organized in one central view: the Credit and Collections page. This makes it easier to access and manage collections related information.
(fig 1 – Credit and Collections page)
- The Credit and Collections workspace is a one-stop shop that provides a 360-degree view for all collection related activities. It brings together data from multiple sources giving managers the ability to make quick, data driven decisions.
(fig2 – Credit and Collections Workspace)
- SSRS based reporting improves both reports content and presentation.
- Integration with Power BI allows the presentation of aggregated information in graphical views.
- The integration of Accounts Receivable and Credit and Collections ensures real time data updates. Collection agents and managers do not have to deal with outdated or irrelevant data.
- Aging Snapshot presents customers’ calculated aged balances at any given point in time. With a click, collection agents can access accounts due for collection.
- Predefined system generated collection letters provide timely notification to customers of past due balances.
- Interest Codes allow the system to automatically apply overdue payment charges to past due balances. This reduces the amount of manual activities performed by collection agents making for a more efficient process.
- Customer pools help to improve the organization of the collection activities and contributes to effective management.
Like most ERP solutions, the Credit and Collections solutions included in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations must be properly configured to meet the needs of a Business Entity.
For more information about how we can help you on your Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations – click here!
Happy Dynamics 365’ing!