What is PowerWebForm?
Creating CRM web forms is fast and easy with the PowerWebForm add-on for Dynamics 365. PowerWebForm lets you capture information from an online web form and instantly pull that information directly into CRM. You can then choose to create a lead, a contact or any other CRM entity, including custom entities. Easily build your web form in CRM, post the web form on your web page and start gathering submissions. PowerWebForm eliminates the need to export/import lists from other databases into CRM. Plus, you now have the ability to follow up with visitors who showed interest on your site, without any lag time whatsoever. Our latest version of PowerWebForm has been enhanced to allow users to create landing pages for their web forms.
- Choose from many different field types including text box, radio button, check box, drop down and more.
- Customize the look and feel of the web form using CSS, so that the form fits flawlessly into your web page.
- Turn captcha on or off to prevent the submission of spam in your forms.
- Automatically populate CRM fields when a form is submitted:
- Example: Use the Hidden field type to automatically populate the Topic of the lead that is created from a web form, or to populate the lead source or something similar
- Redirect visitors, after they have filled out the form, either manually through clicking a button or automatically.
- Set up duplicate detection in the form, so that you don’t end up with duplicates in your Dynamics CRM.
- PowerWebForm supports foreign languages – all text on the form can be customized.
Need to take your web forms offline? With our PowerWebForm mobile app, you can use your web forms offline and sync the submissions back to your CRM when you regain internet access. The PowerWebForm mobile app is great for on the road sales teams, trade shows, and more! The PowerWebForm mobile app is available in the Apple and Android stores.
ADFS forms based authentication
Any Online or on-premise implementation of:
CRM 2013 SP1 UR3+
Price is per user/per month. All enabled CRM users are counted. This includes read only users, admin only users, office 365 global admins, and service accounts.