CRM Utilities Include Log Utility, Activity Utility, Merge Utility and More
Published by: PRWEB on 03/01/2013
PowerObjects, a professional services firm 100% focused on Microsoft Dynamics CRM, has announced the release of several Dynamics CRM utility tools to help users automate tasks, collect information, and gain valuable insights into their data. These tools are free to PowerObjects partners and customers, and are available to other Dynamics CRM users for a nominal fee.
“We designed these tools make it even easier for users to get the most out of Dynamics CRM,” says Cecilie Svensgaard, who manages these value-adding plugins. “Our R&D team is always developing new tools and gadgets. Since our customers can’t be the only ones with these needs, we thought we should share them with the Dynamics CRM community.”
New Dynamics CRM utilities developed by PowerObjects include:
- Log Utility. Allows administrators to see how often users are logging into Dynamics CRM and how they use it.
- Activity Utility. Automatically populates related record fields when an activity is saved.
- Campaign Response Matching Utility. Automatically populates customer fields on campaign responses.
- Campaign Response Processing Utility. Bulk converts campaign responses to leads, contacts, accounts, cases, or opportunities.
- Last Activity Utility. Allows users to see when a contact, lead, account or case was last communicated with.
- Merge Utility. Merges duplicate records in CRM with the click of a button.
“If you’ve ever tried and failed to increase Dynamics CRM user adoption, the Log Utility is for you—it gives you a dashboard summary of user activity to help identify who isn’t using the system and who has become a CRM wiz,” says Svensgaard. “If you want to track the last date someone made contact with a record, then the Last Activity Utility is going to be helpful. Sick of duplicate records clogged up your data? Then you need the Merge Utility. These are all common issues that Dynamics CRM users regularly deal with, and we knew we could provide some simple solutions. That’s what the Power Utilities are designed for—to help users overcome those small hurdles.”
Those interested can learn more about Dynamics CRM Utilities developed by PowerObjects.