Importing a PowerPack
The first step in getting started with any managed solution in Microsoft Dynamics CRM is to import the solution under the Solution section of CRM. To navigate to this section, you would simply go to Settings > Solutions > Select the Import button from the ribbon. This will prompt a dialog box that will walk you through the import process, which is shown below.
- “Browse” and select the PowerPack solution file that you have previously downloaded to your desktop, once the zip file is populated select “Next”
- The next screen will verify the details of the solution you are about to import, select “Next” to move on
- On the next screen you will have to make sure that the “Enable any SDK message processing steps included in the solution” option is selected. Once this box is checked, select “Import” in the lower right corner
IMPORTANT: If you do not select this checkbox the solution will not function properly.
- Once you have selected the import button a new dialog box will appear showing you a progress bar for the import. This step usually takes between 5–10 minutes, depending on the complexity of the solution
- Once the import has completed, you will see a screen with the overview of the import and components. Simply select close and move onto the registration process
Once the import has completed, double click on the PowerPack solution you just imported from the solutions list in CRM. This will open the configuration screen of the PowerPack solution, where you can register for your 30 day free trial.
Under the “General” section fill-in the required information, once you have completed the form select the “Submit” button which is located under the “Profile” tab of the form.
If the solution that you are importing communicates with the cloud you will see a second section on registration screen labeled “CRM Credentials”
For information on using the solution please refer to the corresponding user guide.