Duplicate records are being entered into the system during imports and manual entry.
This is the third segment of a three part series on avoiding duplicate records. Part 1 introduced you to duplicate detection in Dynamics CRM and when rules can be fired. Part 2 was focused on how to set up the rules. Part 3 is going to walk you through how to use duplicate detection jobs.
There are 2 steps that we will be reviewing in this article:
- Running a job
- Resolving duplicates from a job
Running a Job:
You can start with a list of records that you want to run a duplicate detection job against. Advanced Find is a great tool to use to pull your list. In our example I want to run a duplicate detection job against all “Open Leads” so I open up that view then I go to the More Actions menu, click on Detect Duplicates and then make a choice between ‘For Selected Records’ or ‘For All Records on all Pages’.
- Open up a view of records that you want to run duplicate detection.
- Click on the More Actions menu.
- Click on Detect Duplicates
Select “For All Records on all Pages’
The Check for Duplicates Dialog box appears where you need to Specify:
- The name of the duplicate-detection job.
- When you want the duplicate-detection job to start.
- You also can specify to run the job on a regular schedule.
- Whether you want notification sent to you and to other users when the background duplicate-detection job completes.
Click OK, or click Finish.