The Microsoft Dynamics CRM enterprise platform continues to expand with the 2015 acquisition of FieldOne, a field services management solution that adds a robust set of features to the already extensive productivity suite offered by Dynamics CRM. In today’s blog, we’ll examine some of the exciting functionality field service organizations can now leverage out-of-the-box with CRM.
New FieldOne features utilize out-of-the-box CRM entities along with customized FieldOne entities to provide this new functionality:
- Resource Scheduling: Achieve higher field engineer utilization with schedule and route optimization. This includes the ability to automate unscheduled work orders with the routing engine.
- Integrated Mobile App: The FieldOne mobile solution runs on iOS, Android, and Windows, adding enhanced mobile functionality including the ability to collect customer signatures on completed work orders.
- Service Contracts: Differentiate customer offerings with service contracts. The routing engine can also be configured to utilize data from service contracts to ensure SLAs are enforced.
- Asset Tracking: Track the customer equipment field service engineers are providing service for.
- Inventory: Increment and decrement inventory supply and set up automated rules for reorders.
FieldOne leverages the extensibility of the CRM platform to create this comprehensive set of features for field service organizations while at the same time using out-of-the-box features like Workflows, Business Processes, Accounts, Contacts, Activities, Dashboards and Views to automate processes and present field service information to business users seamlessly.
With FieldOne plugged in to the Dynamics CRM platform, you can optimize your field service technician’s availability, match skills and travel time to the job and manage the inventory carried in all of your mobile warehouses and in the technicians’ trucks.
FieldOne adds another layer to the rich feature set in the base Dynamics CRM functionality by adding a new ribbon to help manage the special needs of your field service business. This ribbon contains entities to record the customer equipment you support, work orders for tasks that need to be done, purchase orders, purchase order receipts, and many other functions.
The heart of FieldOne is the Schedule Board. The Scheduling Board allows a dispatcher to manually assign an unscheduled work order to an available technician. The Scheduling Board can also be used in a semi-automated capacity to suggest technicians based upon skills and availability or in a fully automated way to assign technicians to work orders.
The Sky Mobile app can be used by technicians to receive messages in the field and check their Schedule Board. They can then read about the work order and get driving directions to the location. From the app, technicians can keep their current status (traveling, working, break, etc.) up to date. They can also charge parts to a job which are then removed from the available truck inventory, allowing for the correct billing for parts and time used as well as managing the necessary inventory in technicians’ trucks.
From the business point of view, this all leads to increased efficiency for everyone.
- Dispatch agents are more efficient as they can assign the correctly skilled technician to the correct project in a manual, semi-automated, or fully-automated environment.
- Technicians can be more productive by minimizing travel time between assignments and ensuring that they have the skills and parts necessary to perform the task at hand.
- Managers can monitor technicians through the Schedule Board to see their current statuses and projects scheduled.
Along with Dynamics CRM, FieldOne can make your field service organization more efficient and more profitable. Make sure you check out our website to learn more about FieldOne and field services.