If you try to import an out-of-the-box dashboard into an environment where it has been deleted, the import process will show that is was successful, however, the dashboard will not show up in your default solution’s dashboard list. In today’s blog, we will walk you through the steps needed to show your deleted out-of-the-box dashboards after you import them from another org. Let’s get started!
To mimic the issue as stated above, our example will focus on the Sales Activity Social Dashboard. We will assume that you first deleted this existing out-of-the-box dashboard from the environment by following the steps below:
1. Delete the Sales Activity Social Dashboard.
2. Export the same dashboard from another CRM environment as an unmanaged solution.
3. Import the dashboard into the org where it has been deleted. The import process will say that the import was successful, but you will see that it is not visible in the dashboard list.
Here are the steps needed to resolve the issue:
1. After you import the Dashboard, download the log file which shows up in last step of the Import wizard once it is successfully imported. Open the log file in a spreadsheet as shown below:
2. Copy the GUID without the braces. Now navigate to CRM’s Default Solution where all the dashboards are listed.
3. Open any one of the out-of-the-box dashboards listed as shown in the screenshot above. We will chose Sales Activity Dashboard for our example. The dashboard will open in a customized layout as you can see in the screenshot below.
4. Now, on your keyboard press Ctrl + N. This will open in a new window. Next, replace the GUID which you copied earlier in the address bar as shown below:
5. Once you press the enter key, you will see the Sales Activity Social Dashboard which has been imported into CRM, but is not yet visible on the dashboard list. Basically, this means that the dashboard is imported and stored in the database, but is not showing in the dashboard list.
6. Click on Edit Component in the command bar. This will bring up a pop-up window as shown below.
You will see that the Label field is blank. Copy the label from the environment where you have exported the dashboard, paste it here, and save the dashboard.
7. Now, navigate to the dashboard view and you will the Sales Activity Social Dashboard in the view list.
That’s it! Now you can view your dashboard after import. Want to learn more about dashboards in Dynamics CRM? Subscribe to the blog! You’ll get great content like this delivered straight into your inbox. It doesn’t get much simpler than that!