In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the Quick Find allows you to search for a record from a grid view.
By default, Quick Find searches specific fields or columns in the view, but this can be changed. If you need to add a new custom field or you want to add another field to quick find, you can make the change through the customizations area in CRM. In today’s blog, we will go over the steps needed to add a field to Quick Find in CRM 2015. Note: these steps require system administrator or system customizer access.
In this example, I want to search for accounts by state.
1. First, start from the grid view of the desired record type. In this example, we will use the Account.
2. Click the ellipses button and select Customize Entity as shown below.
3. Select Views.
4. Select Quick Find Active Accounts.
5. On the far right, select Add Find Columns.
6. Check the relevant field(s) you want added and click OK.
7. Finally Save and Publish the entity. Now, try your search again. You should see that you can now aggregate your search results by the additional fields!
That’s all for the blog today! Check out the related links below if you would like to learn more: