Prior to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1, users were only able to use the default tile colors for all out-of-the-box and custom entities. With Update 1, however, system administrators are now able to change the color of tiles based on their business requirements! Today’s blog will detail the steps necessary to utilize this highly anticipated new feature. Let’s get started!
How to Change the Color of Entity Tiles in the Sitemap
1. First, verify that your organization has been upgraded to Update 1.
2. Navigate to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Ă Settings Ă Customizations and then navigate to the entity you wish to modify.
3. Once you open the desired entity, you will see a list of fields as shown below. For this task, you will want to click on the entity name.
4. From here you can update the Color field with any HTML color code of your choice. For example you can use #2EFE2E for bright green. You can see the color preview after entering the HTML code as shown below.
5. Save and Publish the entity.
6. Refresh your browser window and you will now see the new color tile in your sitemap!
We hope you found this post helpful for your 2015 journey and that we were able to add a little color to your day! If you want to learn more, please visit these resources for more information on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1.