The PowerObjects team is constantly working to add value for organizations where Microsoft Dynamics CRM is deployed. One way we do this is through the numerous PowerPack add-ons we have developed that enhance Dynamics CRM functionality and improves the productivity of users. We are excited to introduce one of our newest PowerPack add-ons, PowerCalendar. With PowerCalendar, users (depending on security roles assigned) can view team tasks, appointments, and phone calls all in one location within Dynamics CRM. Today’s blog will take an in-depth look at PowerCalendar utilities and how it can benefit your organization.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM out-of-the-box provides a personal calendar as well as a service calendar that allows users to view appointments and service activities that that are relevant to the user. However, if you want to view the CRM activities that your team is working on, the only way to do this is by viewing the activities in your Outlook calendar. However, this may not be useful because some of your users may not be using the Outlook client, may not be tracking activities in CRM, or the Outlook calendar is cluttered with non-CRM appointments. With PowerCalendar, these issues are eliminated.
Key Features of PowerCalendar
- Simple Installation: Settings > Solutions > Import
- Easy Navigation: PowerPack > PowerCalendar
- Easily view CRM Activities with various statuses for a selected Team
- Ability to select a Team for which you want to see Activities related to.
- Ability to filter or narrow results by:
- Including or excluding your own activities
- Activity Types (Tasks, Appointments, Phone Calls, etc.
- Status (Open/Scheduled, Completed, Canceled, etc.)
- Ability to create new activities by following these steps:
1. Navigate to PowerCalendar > Select a Date
2. Click +
3. Select an Activity TypeÂ
Now when you click on any activity type, the corresponding CRM form will pop-up for the user to add details.
- Navigating between PowerCalendar views is easy and intuitive
Things to Note
- Remember to assign these security roles to users who need access:
1. Admin: For users who will need access to all teams in CRM
2. User: For users who will need access to PowerCalendar (this role will respect existing user restrictions)
- All users can see other team member’s tasks, appointments, and phone call activities.
- You can add activities for other team members from the calendar.
- You can select multiple activities and statuses, but only for one Team at a time.
- Does not work for Custom Activities.
- Displaying Service Activities is coming soon!
We know that after reading this post you are itching to try PowerCalendar out for yourself, so go ahead and give it a try with our free 30 day trial. We hope you loveÂ it just as much as we do, and feel free to contact a PowerPack Pro with any questions!