As CRM Online becomes more and more popular, one of the issues that seem to pop up is the expiring of passwords. These usernames\passwords are inevitably changed when an integration comes along or perhaps with one of our PowerPacks. With a couple pieces of software we can set any users’ password to never expire.
Both of these applications are available from Microsoft and are free to download. Make sure you have the correct version installed before following the steps below.
- Microsoft Online Services Sign in Assistant
- If you are using the CRM Outlook client for CRM Online, you should already have this installed, if not you can click here to download this program
- Windows PowerShell for Azure Active Directory
- Click here to download the file
Once these programs are installed, open the Azure Active Directory Module for Window PowerShell program:
- Type in the following command
- Connect –MsolService and hit Enter
- You will then be prompted to enter an Office 365 administrator user and password
- If you have entered in correct username password, you will be brought back to the Powershell screen
- Now we can enter in the following command to ensure the password will never expire
- Set –MsolUser –UserPrincipalName firstname.lastname@example.org -PasswordNeverExpires $true
- You will need to replace the email@example.com with the actual username that you want updated
There you have it! Now the conundrum of trying to remember your passwords are behind you. Please keep our other fantastic blogs in mind as you navigate the waters of Dynamics CRM!