Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Update 1 (code-named Carina) has new and exciting features! One of the features is Folder Level Tracking, which enables users to designate a folder without Outlook that will track emails in CRM. This coolest part of this feature is that it minimizes your effort when tracking emails, as you do not have to click Track in CRM or Set Regarding.
Although this requires exchange server andÂ server side synchronization, the new folder tracking feature doesn’t require any new installation of clients on your machine. It’s also available on all mail apps and on all devices.
How to track your email:
- Create the folders in Outlook or the Exchange mail box to use for tracking. In this example, we have created a folder called Track in CRM and another folder for a specific clientâ€”in this case, Fabrikam.
- Within Microsoft Dynamics CRM, on the top right, select the gear and select Options.
- On the Email tab, click Configure Folder Tracking Rules. A dialog box will open showing the Folder-Level Tracking setup.
- Click New Folder Mapping to create a mapping and select the desired folder and where the records will be tracked. If no Regarding record is specified, the native mapping will be done with email address.
That’s all there is to it! A few points to note:
- You can have multiple folders for one account
- Sub folders are not part of the rule
- There is a limit to 25 rules/user/mailbox
- It is recommended that you clean up mappings when no longer used
Make sure to stop by our main CRM blog page for even more 2015 fun!