A new feature of Microsoft Dynamics Marketing is A/B Testing or split testing. A/B Testing is a feature that can help you determine the best email design / content to use when you have two strategies to choose from. Using this feature, you can determine a winning strategy on a small sample of email addresses based on a criteria (Opens, Unique Clicks, Hard Bounces, Soft Bounces, Forwards and Unsubscribes). When the testing duration is complete, the system can either wait for you to review the results or send the winning email to the rest of the mailing list.
To create a new A/B Testing, do the following:
- Go to Marketing Execution, then click on A/B Testing.
- Click New.
- Input a name, Designation (Commercial or Campaign Automation), Company (Company cannot be changed once saved).
- Choose the Test recipients (if marketing list is chosen, type the name)
- Choose the criteria that determines a winner (If more than one is chosen, weight is distributed equally among the selected options).
- Choose the email design / content in Version A and Version B, Subject and From email address.
- Choose whether to send the winning email or not.
- Click Save, then Submit.
We hope you found this blog helpful! Take a peek around for other great blog content or for a deep dive of Dynamics CRM education, you can sign up for one of our great training options!