In this blog we’ll briefly describe the steps to modify a view in Dynamics CRM 2013 to Create a Personal View.
A view is a saved listing of information related to a CRM entity. Systematic views are saved as public default views that the business thinks will be most useful to the general user. What if you prefer a differing display of the same information? You can alter the display and save as a personal view, and can even set this personal view as your default view instead.
How to Adjust and Save as a Personal View
Locate a system View in Dynamics CRM 2013 that you desire to modify for your personalized viewing. For purposes of illustration, let’s choose to modify a view within the Sales area
1.Go to Sales. The default view is My Open Contacts.
2. Let’s assume this is the view you want to modify (with moving Business Phone order of display as the goal), and to set as a personal default.
3. To begin, select the downward arrow to the right of My Active Contacts:
4. Select Create Personal View:
5. Select the downward arrow on the similar view you want to modify. In this case, let’s model after My Active Contacts:
6. Select Save As and provide a desired title, such as “My Personal Active Contacts” and add a description.
7. Select Save:
8. Once initially saved, you can proceed to select Edit Columns. The Edit Columns screen will appear. Select the desired column heading to move. In this example we are moving Business Phone two positions to the left.
9.After selecting the heading, select the left arrow twice:
10. The columns will move one column position each time the directional arrow is selected. Moving two positions to the left, it should appear as shown below. Select OK.
11. Select Results to simulate what the view with data will look like:
12. View the results in the grid view.
13. To return to edit mode, select the Advanced Find tab and make any further adjustments. If you are happy with your view, click Save and close the window.
14. Return to the CRM default My Active Contacts view. Reselect the downward arrow to the right of My Active Contacts. The new My Personal Active Contacts should be listed under My Views:
15. To set a view as your default view, select the pin icon.
You should be set for future CRM sessions to have this as your default display view.
We hope you found this post helpful! For even more Dynamics CRM information, head over to our main blog page or our Education department. If you are interested in learning more, here are some related posts with Dynamics CRM view information:
- Default Views in CRM 2013
- How to Customize Sorting Priority in System Views and Personal View in CRM 2011
- How to Customize Dynamics CRM Column Width for Form Views