CRM 2015 is here and with it comes a multitude of changes! With Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, business rules had a few limitations such as:
- Business logic execution was restricted to client side only and for server side business logic execution, custom coding was required
- Simple business logic syntax available
But now with Dynamics CRM 2015, business rules has been improved with:
- Server side business logic execution
When the scope at the top right is set as entity the business rule will run on the server side for all the entities.
- Enriched business logic with- If..Else If..Else logic, And/Or logic support
- Enabling visual editing
- Support for setting default values on the record
With the updated business rules capabilities users will have an improved experience in applying business logic for records within CRM. However CRM 2015 has still few business rules limitations like, it cannot support nested if..else, expressions cannot be grouped in a condition i.e. AND and OR cannot be used together. To learn more about CRM 2015 we are happy to offer webinars, trainings and boot-camps aimed at giving you the most up to date knowledge!