We’ve all been in a situation where we’ve received a phone call and frantically search in our CRM system for the caller’s Contact or their company’s Account record. We fumbled through the search process, opening several records looking for the right one, all while making small talk with the caller trying to buy ourselves more time. With PowerPack Add-on PowerPhone, the solution integrates with phone systems that have a TAPI 2.x driver and searches your CRM for record(s) matching the caller ID.
One of the most common question we receive about PowerPhone is, “Can I open a new record if there’s no match?”
PowerPhone has the option to select a custom URL that opens for the reading pane. Using the steps below, you’ll be able to enter the URL of the new record you want to create if no match is found.
- Open an Advanced Find and select the entity you wish to open if no record is found.
- No need to make any changes, just choose Results.
3. Then select the new record button.
4. Copy the URL for the new record up to and including the # sign.
5. Paste the URL into the Custom URL fields of the Reading Pane section, in the solution Settings tab and press Save.
Pretty neat, right? If you’re currently a PowerPhone subscriber, give this tip a try. If you’re not a PowerPhone subscriber, download the solution from the PowerPhone webpage and start a free 30 day trial.