As you can see from the screenshot below, out-of-the-box, there is no way create an Email Activity from Mobile Express.
This functionality may be missing is because Mobile Express doesn’t allow for formatting, email signatures, etc. The good news is, if sending a quick email is more important than the email looking “pretty”, we can do a couple of easy configurations to make this possible through this solution.
How to Configure Mobile Express to Send Email
- Create a custom activity type called “Email for Mobile”. Make sure it is available only through CRM for Phones and Tablets. This will ensure that Outlook or Web Client users don’t create these activities.
- Setup a Workflow Process as below. This workflow will send an “Email” when an “Email for Mobile” activity is created.
- When you login to Mobile Express, you will this this new Activity type as below.
- When you tap on “Email for Mobile”, you will see the Create button.
- When you tap on ‘+’, you will see a form similar to an Email.
6. Fill-in the details and tap Save.
7. On saving the form, the workflow will trigger and will create a corresponding email activity and also send the email. This email can be seen in the “My Sent Emails” view and also in the receiver’s Inbox.
In this way, users can send emails from Mobile Express using “Email for Mobile” and CRM will make sure that the email is not only send but is also visible in the Activity history.
Hope you like this post and if you need any help, please reach out to the CRM Experts at PowerObjects!! Stay tuned and we will bring to you more tips, tricks and CRM education from Microsoft Dynamics CRM world.