A lot of attention in the CRM 2013 Spring wave releases has been focused (rightly so) on enhancements in the areas of Marketing, Service and Social areas. This blog focuses on a specific enhancement in the area of Status Reason transitions in Dynamics CRM 2013.
How to Set Up Status Reason Transitions
The following steps below will illustrate the steps to set this up using the Case entity which has been renamed to “Incident” in this example.
- Go to Settings√ Customizations√ Customize the System
- Go to the entity and select Fields and open the statuscode (Status Reason) field
- The “Edit Status Reason Transitions” button is visible on the top
Below you will see the “Status Reason Transitions” window opens. The Current Status Reasons are available on the left. And for each of the Current Status Reason one can specify the available New Status Reasons. The flag icons correspond to the following:
- Green flags indicate Status Reasons corresponding with the “Active” status,
- Green flags with a check mark corresponds to the “Resolved”
- Red flag with an X corresponds to the “Canceled” status.
4. Use the New Status Reasons column to list the status reasons that should be available to the user based on the Current Status Reason. For example below, if the Case has the status of “Pending Denial” then the only the “Denied” Status Reason is available as the next Status Reason selection for the user. Once done the “Enable Status Reason Transitions” check box needs to be enabled.
¬†5.¬†Save the transition and publish the changes to the entity.
¬†6. Now test your transitions by visiting the form for the record below.
As shown this is a useful functionality that can very easily be set-up using the available standard functionality as opposed to needing to use any customization. As stated earlier this functionality is also available for custom entities.