One of the top 10 new features of Dynamics CRM 2013 is the flat user interface. This allows you to click on a link and then the record opens in the same window. If you haven’t upgraded yet though, you might not prefer that the records each pop open in their own window when you are using the browser version.
The good news is this: the “pop-up overload” is an Internet Explorer setting and it is very easy to change. The screenshots below are of IE11, but the same instructions will work for IE10 and IE9 as well.
- Open Internet Explorer 11 / 10 / 9.
- Click on the gear in the upper right (below the red X).
- The Tools menu opens. Select Internet Options.
- The Internet Options window opens. Click the Tabs button.
- The Tabbed Browsing Settings window opens. Tick the following settings:
- Tick the Enable Tab Groups option.
- Select the Always open pop-ups in a new tab option.
- Select the A new tab in the current window option.
- Click OK in the Tabbed Browsing Settings and Internet Options windows then close Internet Explorer.
- Reopen Internet Explorer.
Now you can enjoy Dynamics CRM records in one tabbed Internet Explorer browser window instead of a bunch of windows.