Experiencing the issue where your MailChimp templates are not showing up in your CRM system in the PowerMailChimp Template Pick list? Worry no more, MailChimp has fixed their API to support their drag & drop templates, so please make sure you are running the latest version of PowerMailChimp! To get the latest version of PowerMailChimp, please navigate to the PowerMailChimp webpage, select download solution, and follow the steps outlined in our, “How to Update a PowerPack Add-on.”
PowerMailChimp is quickly becoming one of our most popular PowerPack add-ons. The PowerMailChimp add-on gives CRM users the power to use their existing marketing lists to send bulk emails from CRM and track sends, opens, clicks, bounces and unsubscribes back to CRM contacts, leads and accounts!
When using PowerMailChimp, the only thing users need to do outside of CRM is create the template that they wish to send out. MailChimp offers a great variety of basic and predesigned templates to give users a jump-start on their template creation. Recently MailChimp introduced an awesome new way to designing templates, called the Drag and Drop Editor. This makes designing a template as easy as dragging pieces of a template into place and editing them.
With these recent changes made by MailChimp, API calls were changed, causing drag and drop template to not show up in PowerMailChimp’s MailChimp Template Pick List in Dynamics CRM. In order to user the super handy drag and drop editor and still be able to send your PowerMailChimp blast out of CRM, please follow the steps outlined below:
- In MailChimp, navigate to MailChimp > Templates and select the template that you want to send through PowerMailChimp and select Export.
- Save the file as an HTML file somewhere on your desktop that you can easily find.
- Click the Create Template button at the top right corner of your screen and it will bring you to the screen below. Select Code Your Own.
- Then select the Import HTML option.
- Name your imported template, browse for the file you just saved and select Upload.
- If you navigate back to your templates, you should see your imported template.
- Navigate to CRM and add the newly imported template to your PowerMailChimp Blast.
Tada! Your template is now in the Saved Templates folder in MailChimp! If you still do not see the template in your list of templates to choose from on the PowerMailChimp blast, please try clearing your cache or logging into CRM from a different browser.
If you would like to download a free 30-day trial of the PowerMailChimp add-on, you can find additional information on the PowerMailChimp page.