After you create a custom ribbon button and add a rule, you can define the rule as a custom rule. Here’s how:
- First make sure that the entity with the ribbon button is in the solution that you want to work with.
- Export the solution and mark the customization when you export it.
- Now you can extract the customization.xml file that exist inside the solution.
- Modify the code as follows to enable the rule in the CommandDefinition. Point to the Id of the rule. The rule itself is under RuleDefinitions.
- Finally, copy the file and reimport it.