We have demonstrated how to add photos in CRM 2011 using the PowerObjects PowerPhoto PowerPack add-on, but now in CRM 2013, users will be able to add an image field to a CRM entity out of the box! There are still some very compelling reasons to use the PowerPhoto add-on, but we’ll get to that at the end. First, let’s go over how to add an image in CRM 2013.
To get started:
- Create a new field with the Field Type set to Image. Note: On system entities, the field will already exist. Only one image field is allowed per entity.
- Update the Form Properties to Show Image in the Form.
- Add the image to your record by clicking on the Image field and selecting your photo.
There are limitations to this feature. You can’t place the image anywhere on the form—it’s got to be in the upper corner. You can only have one photo per record, and your ability to resize it is limited.
If you want more functionality and control over your photos in CRM 2013, check out PowerPhoto for added image functionality. This enhanced PowerObjects CRM add-on allows more flexibility and more images. For just $1/user/month, PowerPhoto users can:
- Add more than one control to an entity—and within each control users can add more than one image.
- Use drag-and-drop technology, making it even faster and easier to tie images to records.
- Select the resolution of the images, getting them exactly right for the record. This means you can have a full-sized image when you need better resolution, or you can reduce the size of the image when you want better performance over the web.
Once you get used to adding images in CRM 2013, take it a step further and try the PowerPhoto add-on free for 30 days to start customizing your records.