In today’s blog, we’ll discuss Default Views—a simple but necessary feature in CRM 2013.
To learn more about default views, follow these steps:
- First, navigate to an account record, as shown below.
- Click Account and you’ll see a list of accounts. Active Accounts will be displayed on top of that list. Next to Active Accounts, notice the thumbtack icon.
- If you hover your mouse over the thumbtack, you’ll see some helpful text.The text explains that Active Account is currently the default view for this entity.
- Now you can choose a different view via the drop-down arrow next to the current view. Notice the thumbtack positioned next to the current default view in the drop-down. This indicates that this is the current default view for this entity.
- Select My Active Accounts. Notice the change in the thumbtack’s position. When hovering over the thumb-tack, help-text is displayed, indicating that this view is not currently the default view.
- If you click on the thumbtack, My Active Accounts becomes the default view for the account entity.
7. Now navigate back to the Active Account view and observe the change in the thumbtack’s position, indicating that Active Accounts is no longer the default view for the account entity.
That’s all there is to default views in CRM 2013. Hopefully this was helpful in explaining a simple but useful feature in CRM 2013!
If you’re looking for more information towards how you can upgrade, check out our blog on preparing for CRM 2013.