Update Rollup 6 packages for Client and Server are being temporarily removed from the Microsoft Download Center peding the investigation of some issues that have surfaces. Please hold off on downloading Update Rollup 6 until new packages are available.
Microsoft has released Update Rollup 6 for CRM 2011 on January 12, 2012 . The update is ready to download here:
Update Rollup 6 contains the following hotfixes:
- When you access Microsoft Dynamics CRM with Claims enabled over Internet-Facing Deployment (IFD), the 404 error pages are generated at random.
- Assume that the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook is configured by using the IFD URL. In this situation, you are not prompted for credentials if the stored credentials that you have are no longer valid.
- You cannot run reports in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook when Claims Authentication is enabled.
- When you browse in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web client by using Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer consumes excessive memory. Therefore, you experience slow performance.
- The sub-grid views do not load records.
- When you change the queue after you perform a quick search on queues, a script error occurs.
- When you pin a view in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, the tab for the view is remembered across sessions and the data for the view is cached locally.
- When you synchronize a recurring appointment that includes a canceled meeting, and the canceled meeting is not removed from the calendar, Outlook crashes.
- Assume that you have an asynchronous plugin or workflow that is registered on the update of a queue item. When the queue item is routed through a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 SDK endpoint route request in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the route request fails.
- Reports cannot be displayed for users in the Top Level business unit after the EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization DWORD registry entry value is set to 2.
- When multiline text fields are included in an email template in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the line breaks in the multiline text fields are formatted incorrectly
- When you add a custom lookup field to the quick find field list in Quick Find view in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, the custom lookup field displays no records.
- When you assign records from one user to another user in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you experience slow performance. Additionally, the assignment process may time out.
- When you switch quickly between several Microsoft Dynamics CRM Account records, Microsoft Office Outlook crashes.
- When you save appointments in Outlook, you experience slow performance.
- Assume that you close opportunities by using a Microsoft CRM software development kit (SDK) in the Microsoft CRM client for Outlook in offline mode. When you try to change the client back to an online state, a playback error occurs.
To view a full list of the hotfixes included in the package, read more at Microsoft CRM support.
Additional Installation information via Windows Update
To automatically install Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you can use Windows Update. Update Rollup 6 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 will be available on Windows Update on January 24, 2012.
Note – Update Rollup 6 cannot be removed. Specific database updates are applied in Update Rollup 6 that will not let you uninstall Update Rollup 6. You should back up your databases before you install this update.
You can also set Windows to automatically install recommended updates. This setting can address noncritical problems and help improve your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically.