For those of us who have been using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for years, one of the most common feature requests is the ability to send Email attachments through the bulk Email functions which include:
- Send Direct Email
- Quick Campaigns
However, the ability to add one or more attachments to an Email is included in the beta release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. To use the capability, you simply:
- Create an Email template as usual (under Settings Templates Email Templates)
- While editing the template scroll down towards the bottom to find the Add Attachments area
- Click New E-mail Attachment and then browse out a select an attachment to add it to your template.
An Expert at Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 might ask “but how does this feature help me with the capability to send attachments through a Campaign or Quick Campaign?” It’s true the ability to send attachments or templates has not historically been available with Campaigns and Quick Campaigns.
That is also changed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. Through Quick Campaigns and Campaigns you have two options when sending Email.
- From a Campaign or Quick Campaign, write your Email (or paste in your HTML) and then add an attachment before sending OR
- Use a template in the Quick Campaign or Campaign.
For a marketer, this is a great feature improvement, because it allows you to prepare your template ahead of time and do several tests with the same template without having to repast your Email. When the date comes to do the formal send, it’s a cinch!
Keep watching our Blog as we will continue to post interesting information about CRM 2011 as we work through the beta – as always the Microsoft Dynamics CRM experts at PowerObjects are here to help with your CRM reporting, CRM portals, or needs to customize CRM.