Active X error message getting you down? If Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook is installed but not configured, or if you are connecting to an organization other than the organization for which Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook is configured, you receive the following warning message in Internet Explorer: Internet explorer has blocked this site from using an ActiveX control in an unsafe manner.
Microsoft’s KB Article Regarding this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2004601
To turn off the CRM for Outlook button complete the following steps:
- On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Application Server click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK
- Locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMSCRM.
- Right-click MSCRM, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new key DisableOutlookSetupLink.
- Right-click DisableOutlookSetupLink, click Modify, and then type 1 to disable the CRM for Outlook button for all users.
Welcome to the #1 Dynamics CRM Partner in the World
Proud winner of the 2015 Microsoft Partner of the Year for Cloud Customer Relationship Management, PowerObjects is the preferred partner for implementing, supporting, and growing CRM solutions. Through unparalleled offerings of service, support, education, and add-ons, PowerObjects can help tailor custom solutions for your business.